Monday, August 25, 2008

A New Horrific Destination


I've never been one to shy away from encouraging a little healthy competition here at The Vault of Horror, especially when that "competition" comes in the form a loyal reader. In this case, the loyal reader is one Wes Fierce, and his hideously enjoyable new website is HorrorFilmMagazine.com.

Did you know that there is a horror icons fighting game floating around the net, in which you can battle as the likes of Freddy Krueger, Michael Myers, et al? And that it's free? I didn't either, until I read about it at HorrorFilmMagazine.com. There's sweet video, like Ellen Page's hysterical J-horror spoof from SNL, and classic trailers. Plus a boatload of other crap like forums and whatnot. Check it out, really, you won't be sorry. It's a chance to get in on something at the ground floor, so when HorrorFilmMagazine.com becomes the next Bloody-Disgusting, you can be all like, "Yeah, dude, I'm message board member number six!"


* * * * * * * * * *

Since I'm in a plugging mood, might as well say a little bit about my own site as well. I've gone to the trouble of adding some new functionality in recent weeks, so this is just a heads up. First off, there's now a playlist at the bottom of the posts, where you can listen to some themes from horror film and TV that are sure to get you all misty with nostalgia. Plus, I know there are so many of you out there who were wondering, "How, oh how, can I follow B-Sol on Twitter?" Well now there's a way, if you just take a gander at the sidebar to the right. In case you've never checked it out, there are always some noteworthy YouTube videos on display just a little further down from there (Vincent Price stuff at the moment). And I've also added a horror quiz and Lovecraft-themed video game just below the aforementioned playlist.

There's never an idle moment here in the Vault, kids. Reap the benefits.